Definitions and interpretation.
Data collectively all information that you submit to Howden Live via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
Howden Live a charity incorporated in England and Wales with we or us the registered Charity No. 1051928 whose registered office is at: 33 The Meadows, Howden, DN14 7DU;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Howden Live and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Howden Live and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website: The website that you are currently using, https://howden-live.com/ and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Data collected 4. We do not collect or any personal data from you via the website. Should you choose to complete the ‘LEAVE A REPLY enter your comment here’ section, your name and the comment you make can be seen by all visitors to the website, as can any reply Howden Live may make to you. We also have an email subscription section whereby you can enter your email address to receive from Howden Live updates, blogs, and notifications of new posts, etc. This information you provide is not shared or made available to anyone and it will never be sold. Howden Live has no paid employees, everyone volunteers free of charge. Most of our volunteers have paid employment elsewhere and this is why we have not advertised phone numbers. You may wish to contact us privately, this can be done by writing to our registered office address, 33 The Meadows, Howden, DN14 7DU. If you write please include your contact information and someone will contact you by your preferred method (phone, email etc.).
Our use of Data 5. For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); Howden Live is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit, e.g. your email address for the purpose of contacting and informing you for a period until you either unsubscribe or ask to be removed.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Third party websites and services 10. Howden Live may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Changes of business ownership and control 13. Howden Live, from time to time, may expand or reduce our business; this may involve the transfer of control of all or part of Howden Live Data provided by Users, and will where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective controller of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data 16. Wherever you choose to submit Data, you are assured we will restrict our use of that Data. This will include the following: 17. We will not share your Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website 18. To use the features and functions on the Website, you are not required to submit any Data.
Accessing your own Data 19. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Howden Live (if such Data is held).
Security 20. Data security is of great importance to Howden Live and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
21. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
22. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website from your own electronic devices.
25. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
26. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Please note that all of our other online presence, the Howden Live Facebook group, the Howden Live Facebook page, the Howden Vintage Day. Revisit the ’40’s, ’50’s & ’60’s group, the Howden Carnival group, WeGotTickets and Your Mailing List Provider all conform to the General Data Protection Requirements.